Monday, January 3, 2011

Divine spark

A new year is here. What is it that makes our years come and go and leave us feeling somewhat if not downright sad? I think all of us have it in us to make a better way for ourselves, and we really try. But sometimes, the fates have it in for us. So, what do we do? We have to have that spark of courage to move on and hope for better times. What worse than to lose a child? A job? Hope for adoption to be slowed down by some bad timing? Where is this divine spark that shines?
My own experience is time. I have had many dark moments in my life, only to come through them, with a greater understanding of what life is.
People, I will never understand. Being the sensitive person I have always been, I take to much to heart and get hurt. When someone I know is hurting, I try to call, visit, or send a card. Not all people are like that. Silence is NOT golden. It causes pain and confusion.
All I can hope for in this year ahead, is I make the right choices, help my family, and try to continue to care about others. That is all we all can do after all, isn't it?

No comments: