Monday, August 6, 2012

Keep it coming

Well, my sister and I have hit new level.
Two sisters  sitting next to each other on dark brown lazy boy chairs.
Younger sister is babysitting older sister.
One has a very cool cane (just had knee surgery) guess who this is?
The other a very uncool walker (very old walker)
Big sister: Well, this is something different
Younger sister:  I think I liked walking the kids in strollers better
Big sister: yeah
Funny, but just another reminder that the girls are just not what they used to be.
Not ready to be put out to pasture yet tho.  At least younger sister.
Been spending alot of time with memories lately.
Funny ones.  They are best. 
Ones your children do not want to hear over and over.
So......Erin, Brian, Meghan, Devin and Michael      Sorry
Starts early,
My sister used to have to take me everywhere when my brother Michael (the favorite) was born
She would take me, I, very happy would not complain when she would squeeze my hand so tight, to make me not want to go.  Did not work.  I loved being with HER.
My sis and my cousin pulling me up on a signboard to wait for my Grandmas funeral to pass,
My entire family looking for mosquitoes at night, because someone could not sleep until every one in the house was either dead or out!
My brother, such a whiner.  Chasing him around the dining room table right into the bathroom where he would lock the door. (of course he will not remember this)
Our rides where Michael and Barbara would not behave.
Barbara and I chasing Michael into the house, causing him to fall up the steps and knock out his tooth. (Barbara's fault)
Michael not liking peas.
Family dinners, me never sitting right.  Storming off to my bedroom and slamming the door.  My mom coming down the hall, mad, telling me not to do it again,  I did.  Finally my father came and said Linda please stop.
Weddings:  Barbaras, Michael and I both young.  I was maid of honor, tripped up stairs in church and my brother and my cousin collected money to hang coats!
My wedding to Bill:  my sister crying, one single tear running down her cheek. Gosh, I did not think she cared that much!
Michaels wedding:  Erin, usually such a perfect child, decided she wanted her Dad to hold her, (except he was standing up in the wedding!) I had to take her outside and my sister, being the perfect one followed and we then had a incident with a kitten concerning Erin and Brian.
Our trip to Holland and Barbara's spectacular fall.  The greatest I have ever seen her do.  Rolled right down that hill, knocked over a fence and still managed to hit Erin in the head with her golf club.
My mom, Barb and myself falling down like dominos at Brians graduation party.  Mom could not walk then but Barb and I managed to make her fall down.
Erin pushing Brian through the air while in his little round jumper and he went airborne into the patio, from the door wall and landed perfect.
Devin running on to the stage at the end of Care Bears, making his outline of his body on the screen and Erin going up to get him.
Devin running, talking, running, talking, running, talking
Divorce time.  Unhappy, making everyone who loved me unhappy. Really making them unhappy.
Unhappy like I wish she would go away.  In fact we did, my mom and dad sent us to Florida for a week.
oh, I forgot, Trip to New York.  Did not want to go.  Made Dad miserable until my mother ended that.
Erin and Devin going away at Christmas and Easter.  Very miserable lady.  Thank God for Brian.
Michael making me ride a bike all through Monroe.  Therapy?
Linda....please.  (that would be Dad)
Playing in the basement with cousin Nancy on her BIG chalkboard, running into her LITTLE pool.
Meeting Jerry and findng my soulmate, my person who I had been waiting for all my life.
Getting married to Jerry.
Jerry turning to Erin:  Can I kiss your mother?
Michael to Linda:  Be happy now.
My best friend Linda who came through all the bad times with me, making single motherhood more bearable. 
Our dinners, her crepes, her scaring the kids with fake spiders, me defending Rebecca to a mean store lady, her crepes, our trips, people thinking her kids were mine and my kids were hers.
Dickens: "They were the best of times and the worst of times"
But keep them coming.  Friends and family.  That is what is really matters.
Not money, not things, but great memories.  Good and bad to share.
Oh, did I mention my sister-in-law Barb letting me wear my shoes on the wrong feet Brians entire wedding.  Thanks Michael (soon to be nephew in law) for stepping on my feet and knocking my shoes off.
In the big scheme of things, I did alright.  I got the best of my first marriage, my children.  I met Jerry. I have a great sister and brother ( and their spouses) even tho Art says I am a pain.
I love my life, and soon I will have a new daughter-in-law, Chrissy.  Who I love very much.  Which will bring more family into my life.  Billys family, Chrissys family, Callies family,.  Who knows what is to come?  But I know now we can do it.  We always have.
Let the games begin.



No comments: