Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Quiet Man

Life is full of many different people.
Some Loud
Some Silly
Some shy
Some mean
Some kind and some.....
Quiet
That is my man.
There are people who do not know him, that may think he is to unsocial
But that is really not him.  He is just quiet.  Around others.
But to me he talks alot, sometimes a little to much..  But for the most part he is just a simple, hardworking, love your family man.
He reminds me of my Dad sometimes.
He was a quiet man.
They are both good men.  Family men, true to their wife men, thinkers.
Now, I am a thinker too, but I talk.  You had to, growing up with my other family members.  If you ever wanted someone to hear you.  But for the most part, I can be very quiet too.
It is wonderful just to know that someone is there for you that is listening, caring, and loyal.
It is a joy to see him so excited when he knows his son his coming over.
And when his grandson is coming.   He just beams.
Through the years, he has done so many good things for myself and my children.  They never knew it, he did not want them to.  And I know even now that if there is something they need, he will be there.  He is so proud of Erin.  And he gets such a kick out of Devin.
His son, he talks of him with such pride for all he has accomplished and how far he has come.
For myself, for years he has always been there, in the awful times when I know he could have run for the hills, but he did not.  He just suffered in his own quiet way, and stuck with me, and got me through.
We have had so much fun.  Barb and Art, Linda and Chet, El and Dave.  Laughs.  He really does like to laugh.
At our family occasions, he just sits in a lazy boy and listens ( it is impossible to talk if you are not a
Keedy bloodline) but he is so happy just being with his family and watching and enjoying all that is going around him.
He loves our little grandniece Chloe, she makes him so happy because she gives him attention and watches out for him.  She tells me to get out of his chair if I am sitting in it.  She will say "that is Jerrys chair"  and I will have to move.   He plays with her and I can see where a little girl in his life would have been very lucky.
Right now, he is quiet.  We both just lost someone we love very much.  He knows that I am suffering, but he is quiet.  Just watches and waits for me to talk to him, or cry, or be mad.  But he is there.
It is to bad he cannot share all the talent and humor he has with others, but that is just the way he is.
Sometimes his jokes are corny, but for the most part, he really can make me laugh.  And I like to laugh.
So, as I have said,  There are many people in the world.  But I am thankful with all my heart for my
"quiet" man.  I love him so.  To the moon and back.  Forever.

No comments: