Saturday, May 11, 2013

Paper for Church on Mothers Day

Unconditional Love

Let us close our eyes and pray or reflect together.

Dear Lord: Thank you for the wonderful gift of Mothers. You knew there had to be special angels here to watch over us so you made the wonderful person known as Mother, Mom, Mama, Mommy or Ma! Mother who are mothers in our hearts, maybe through friendship or special to us.

Bless them all and keep them in your heart and their families hearts today:

Bless them for all the have done, all they will do and

always with unconditional love.

 

Unconditional Love is pure absolute love, no conditions, no terms,only love, the strongest, fierest love their is. Many of us here today have lost their Mothers, help them today. Many of us today still have their Mothers, know how lucky you are and rejoice in this day and every day you have with them.

We can all look back at so many times in our lives that we had with our Moms. Baking, shopping, laughing, crying, many special memories that we all have of different kinds. We all say I am not going to be like that when I am a mother, but one day you look in the mirror and there you are, your Mother. And you wish with all your heart you could see her just one, even just one more time.

(share Erins poem)

One special Mothers day this is what I got from Erin and Devin, they were about 11 and 5, She did not have money, but she had love: this is what she wrote.

And that is what it is all about. devotion and kindness,overprotection, the need to always want to make things right. the strength to let go. Our children and we ourselves remember many moments. One of mine to share is of my last year in high school, term paper. I picked to write on mentally challenged children. Well, I wrote my paper and when I got it back the teacher had marked an F and said it was plagerism, Oh, I was so upset, I went to the nearest phone and called my Mom. I of course was crying, telling her I was not going to graduate, that I did not plagerize. She came down to the school and informed the teacher that our next door neighbor was challenged and I had been taking care of him since he was a baby, and that there was no way that any of that paper was copied. Because I loved Nathan, and knew he was special. Why did I know that? Because of my Mom. And my children learned the same, we have a mentally challenged girl in our family now, she has lost her mother and father both in the past month, the love our family gives her is with bounds. And her sister is teaching her son the same, Leslie is ours to love and protect. Special

My children will say I was hard on them sometimes, but I had to be. There was only me. Just the three of us muddling along as best we could and we did, amid protests from Erin about clothes, (I thought she would wear black the rest of her life) curfews, friends and Devin about his impulsive, mischievious nature. Skateboarding days, what I knew what I did not know, his time to work days. But we made it and they are strong, caring adults whom I am proud of.

Your Mother, nothiing she will not do for you. Ever. Never. We as children, are in her soul, we as mothers have them in ours.

I have heard that young soldiers, dying on a battlefields will call for their mothers, or older adults when they are leaving this world will talk about Mom, There is nothing that can make us forget anything about them. I made you each a flower today, take it home, put it somewhere and everyonce in a while, look at it and smile, because she is with you now and always will be.

A great gift my mom gave me was love of reading and music.

I would like to share a favorite poem of hers that to me says it all.

No comments: