Sunday, February 28, 2010

What is important

Never in my life have I known what is important than I do now.  Sometimes, I think why don't we know this when we are young?  But then I really know.  We are to busy living and having fun to realize how fast this is all going by.  I am so lucky that I was blessed with two wonderful children.  A daughter and a son.  They have been and always will be the love of my life.  THAT is one thing I always knew.  But I didn't realize how important all the little things were.  Like Erin, adorable little girl, putting her little arms around me and saying "kiss me, I got the signal" or Devin, clinging to my legs like I was going to do a ten yard sprint!   But am so glad that those moments happened, and I have this to look back at and remember and smile.  I got the best of the deal.  Am looking forward to more years of memories, like this year when I could not get on the horse on the merry-go-round and was so much feeling sorry for myself, because everyone else had a horse that went up and down.  Then I looked, and Erin and Devin were looking at me with such concern, poor mom, how can I get her on that horse?  Funny how roles change.   I bet this year they will make sure I get a horse that moves!!!!

1 comment:

Cinnamon owl said...

I can't wait to go again this year mom. Keep writing, what is happening?